Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia View Post
My trigger is usually a disruption in the usual time I go to bed at night or if I have less than 7-hours of sleep.

It is so strange I never got them when I had periods.
You're right, Anya, people that don't get enough sleep or less sleep than they are used to getting predisposes them to a migraine. Hormones too play a HUGE role in migraine activation. That's why so many women start getting them when hormones begin to fluctuate during our mid-life years.

Unfortunately, some people, like my mother, have them their whole life. I cannot count the number of ER visits and hospital admissions she's had because her migraines have been so severe. And each time the doctors ALWAYS want to do a head CT to rule out a stroke or a brain bleed...that adds
up $$$! I wish you the best.