View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #45
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”

I love this quote Snow and REALLY can identify with it. I was alone, alone, alone as a kid - except for when I listened to music. I was COMFORTABLE then and comforted by my musical haven...

This is my favorite early Jackson Five's song:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1DCv2JED0"]YouTube- Got to be there- Jackson five[/ame]

We were all trying to hit that one dang high note in this - without going falsetto!! SMILE... and I was such a little queer, dreaming of "her" already then!

I grew up on Motown, and my oldest sister just left the radio on all night (even school nights), with the Casey show... She had an 8TRACK portable player (our early BOOM BOX!), and the tape (not called cassettes yet, those were the SMALL tapes yet to come) "The Best of the Supremes". While I was cutting out the little 45 records off the back of cereal boxes - where I got the very young Stevie Wonder's "Uptight, (Everything's Alright)", and The Temptations "My Girl", which absolutely MELTED my heart. That Detroit sound... and the beat is unmistakable.

And I started building those drumsets!

*And I'm still very sad about losing Michael.
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post: