Thread: Pagan
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #59
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

QUOTE=Bit;11145]I read a marvelous book on Santa and Shamanism several years ago, Foxy. The author made a cogent case for the sacred colors, and might have mentioned fly agaric--I don't remember--but also tied Santa into the tompte and other northern beings. He also traced Santa's history as he changed, passing through the Germanic and Celtic cultures.[/QUOTE]

Good Morning Miss Bit!!!

I am always interested in reading other thoughts and ideas on Santa and how the traditions all started. I have found over the years that there is always an excited audience when we begin to discuss our holidays and pagan beginnings.

Right now I am preparing a Winter Solstice ritual called Dreaming the Dark. I did it in 2007 and have had requests to do it again this year. There are three parts to it, drumming, aspecting and joiking. We meet for a practice and then we meet for real on Dec 21. It is a good thing that the 21st is a Monday, cause not many people have office or family plans on a Monday. I am not including those who celebrate Yule and not Christmas. Those individuals are obviously busy <sometimes I catch myself thinking and I am all like.... oh bright one Foxy, briiiggghhhttt...>

Now I won't have amanita muscaria for this, although they do grow where I am. I have seen them but never ingested them, I have heard they make you very sick, very sick indeed. But then ayahuasca made me very sick, and I knew that going in and it did not change my resolve to try it.

Anyway I am getting off track.
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote