View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #3635
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,173 Times in 3,023 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Hello and happy Thursday to all.

Just wanted to share today that I will be going home tomorrow and am happy to go home. It's been a long 4 weeks of therapy and diligent nursing that has counted toward my recovery and made it possible to go home.

I'm feeling sad for my room mate tonight. Yesterday was a very hard day on her. Her daughter (who also is fighting cancer) and her husband gave her the news that they're selling all their possessions and moving her husband to a less costly home, so they can hurdle the massive expense that will break them financially as her life comes to a close. Which isn't long from now.... this is the last Christmas she will have with family. Worse, she had to sign her final papers in preparation for her funeral.... and to kick start the last of medicaid to help ease the financial burden of dying. She cried all day yesterday. Her husband caved into tears too. He just held her for the longest time.... they've been together nearly 60+ years. Did I mention that my best friend and I couldn't put a finger on how her unusual name seemed so familiar to us? We discovered two days ago that she frequented a salon we both managed, for many years....only to find her here and I being her room mate. It's such a small small world.

I've made a few friends during my stay of recovery and I expect that at sometime in the future, I will most likely devote my time and energy to volunteering in some way to help clients who are long or short term recovery projects.

If you've stayed with me this far, please know how grateful I am for your good thoughts and prayers and energy in wishing the best recovery. I appreciate all of you, so very much.

--Kätzchen--

Joy, sadness, and goosebumps with all of this combined. I'm so glad you are going home.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: