Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yes, it was gayla. I don't know where I saw the post either, but I commented on it. She is so right about that...it is about loss and that whole "who am I as a non smoker? I like my smoker self!". It is a part of our identity. I felt lost without it (quit one year ago this month), but somehow the "blanks" filled in.

Chantix is what worked for me.

http://www.chantix.com/

Some insurance companies will pay for it (mine didn't) and some States will pay for it. My state pays for it and it has nothing to do with income, you just have to be willing to let a nurse call you every week to check in and ask how you are doing.

My work paid for it (b/c I work at a medical institution, so they know the high cost of smoker's medical care!), and they made me pay the first month's worth (like $120 or something!), and then they paid for subsequent months.

As a side note, if you do this, some studies have shown that if you take it for 6 months (instead of the standard 3 months), you will have a better chance of staying free of smoking. I talked the nurse into it at my job and I really think it made a difference.

Good luck to all! Hang in there! And know it is worth it!
Awesome Dapper!

A lot of folks can't not a ford that method. Yes I know cigs cost that much too. But you have to go to the Doctor so that costs also it's just not the cost of the "pills."

I can a ford the pills and I have several friends that are in the medical field so I am able to get chantix.. However I am not one to take meds. never have been it's even hard for me to take something for a headache. I wanted to try something that would also give me something to do with my hands. Because that is "part" of the habit. So at this point in my journey, I want to try some other forms of quitting before I resort to a pill.

So happy for everyone that has use Chantix and it's worked! I hear it gives you amazing dreams! *smirk*
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote