Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
The beautiful thing is the humane society. I am so glad I have these two!! As all animal lovers understand. Keeping them alive as long as they did and taking such good care of them. With the economy sliding, unfortunately family pets feel it. I'm sure thats what happened to my tabby.

In our newsletter (generated by parents of rescues)it notified us of a new program to help raise money for the humane society, pet food cans are being recycled. One
week end a month will be the drop off and again, parents of rescues are taking the collections to the recycle center and turning over the money. Every little bit helps. What a wonderful way to give back.

Thought i'd pass that on. Animals love unconditionally.
They really don't requre that much.
Through Facebook I am in contact with a lot of animal rescue groups and shelters around the country. Not all Humane Society's are no kill shelters and there is a real movement toward that end. Also the movement to ban gas chambers on the national level is picking up a lot of support.

There is a very successful program in Dallas that I need to learn more about, where a local group is helping people who are struggling financially to keep their pets by providing food and vet care. They are also working on spay/neuter education. This combined effort is saving on average 5,000 pets a year so far. I want to study this model and see what it would take to spread the word nationwide. Always good to model what works!

Great idea about raising $ for the shelter. I wish that more people had your intentions.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: