View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Amante

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Going steady

Amante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST Reputation
Default Resources for teen/young adult transguys?

A friend of mine's teen son is transitioning and having some anxiety and other issues with his GYN and other needs specific to his bio body.

But more than anything else, he doesn't know any transmen, is not a part of any trans community even online (though his mom is an activist for parents of trans kids), and his mom wants to get him hooked up with a community or group that would be appropriate for his age (16-17yo teen).

Can you recommend any genuinely good online resources/communities that would be appropriate for a young transguy to frequent?

Also, do you know of any good articles about navigating GYN exams as a transman? Not regarding finding a good and accepting doctor (though clearly that's important) -- I mean the emotional comfort aspects of it.

Aside: This, together with the number of parents I know from my network of folks who are raising gender-variant kids, points to a huge need for resources (think Our Bodies/Ourselves, or the teen equivalent) for teen transfolk. Anyone want to take this on as a project? Or maybe it exists, even if just in an online format?!?