moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,769 Times in 1,846 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm finding the older I get, the less make-up I wear. I don't care for the harsh black ~ it's too much for me ~ and I DO look like a raccoon whether it drifts or not! lol So I wear a brown~black L'Oreal mascara that my daughter recommended. This one:

I find that a shimmery/glittery shadow tends to accent the wrinkles on my lids. I wear it anyway, but a matte color is really better.

Cannot STAND foundation.....It makes me feel as though my skin is smothered, I don't care how "light" they say it is.

L'Oreal true match blush is what I use.

My daughter also recommended Burt's Bees lip tint. LOVE it. Yes....You must reapply more often, but my lips are velvety soft all the time....You know, for all that KISSING I don't get.

And finally, my brows....UGH. When I lost Melody, I also lost a lot of hair. My brows never did fully recover. I find a pencil to be too harsh for me, so I use NYX cake powder..."for those movie star brows"... w.e. L'Oreal used to make Revitalist (same sorta product), but no longer make that. I used it because it looks more natural than a pencil.

God help me when I lose weight....my face will be one big wrinkle!!!

Diva,

I have to wear brown or brown/black mascara too because my lashes are long and strawberry blond and the black looks unrealistic on me. You talked about raccoon eyes, my problem is raccoon eyes and flaking. I have tried cheap and expensive mascara and still haven't found one I like and will stay all day. Do you have any flaking problems with this, and is it waterproof?

Thanks

I used to use Bare Minerals foundation for a long time but I decided it makes me look washed out and me using the Warmth to counteract that is hilarious, so I switched to Smashbox Halo powder. It is a solid powder that has a grinder/grater on it so you get the amount of powder you want every time and don't have to worry about it spilling all over the place. I like it alright, still not the greatest. I liked the coverage I got when I used Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation but I stopped because when it got warm out it ran off my face. Yuck.

Needless to say, I am always on the hunt for a good foundation for combination, pale skin and a good mascara. Sephora should be paying me.