View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 06:51 AM   #44
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,173 Times in 3,023 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Dinner was a disaster, sigh! I love to cook cabbage and other veggies along with tofu shirataki noodles and peanut butter, a favorite meal. Tonight I tried to experiment with a Korean hot pepper sauce (sauce was from the store). I think it was supposed to be an "add after" not during cooking sauce so clearly I fucked up there. But I think beyond that I am having a very hard time finding sauces besides peanut butter (which always works) that absorb traditionally "flavorless" foods. What can I use besides peanut butter that will work? Oh, and I always use as a base, low-sodium soy sauce, curry powder, and hot pepper flakes (a good combo for my taste). So yeah why do neutral veggies and tofu ONLY seem to absorb peanut butter? I love peanut butter but I'm getting sick of it!
If you want to step away from the Asian flavors, this is my go-to topping for cooked or raw veggies/ dishes with grains, ...

• 1 cup Tahini paste
• 2 cloves garlic (or to taste)
• 1 handful fresh Cilantro
• 1tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp tamari, or soy sauce
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• 1/2 c water (more or less to thin/thicken to desired consistency)

Blend well. Store in a jar in fridge for up to 10 days
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: