View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #4780
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,079 Times in 9,979 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Monday night, catch up

So Saturday, I kept track of steps I took while shopping and while walking from various areas of interest. Saturday's step count turned out to be 1622.

I also spent about two hours at the community center swimming pool, during free swim. I did a lot of walking in the pool, lap style; plus I did 'jogging' type steps in place. That part of the count turned out to be 559 extra steps.

So the grand total for Saturday was 2181 steps.

Sunday I spent the day mostly resting in bed, after Saturday's work out.

Today at work, I counted 1367 steps. Today was a mild day at work, step wise. My busiest days at work are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I will keep track of steps the next three days and report about my step count by Friday night.

That's such a great idea, easygoingfemme, getting your snow shoes out. I am guessing that it's not just the steps you would take using snow shoes since your glutes and other muscles will get a major workout, right?

Gemme's right, Wrangler. I remember a meme, years ago, which pictured a doodling line, going everywhere but straight. Sometimes it's the 'doodling' that helps us to define our goals and commitments with a deeper understanding about what we can or cannot do. Keep with it (citing Gemme)!

I'm with nycfem: I feel uplifted when I see the type of results I log with my step counts.

Does anyone keep track of hydration, during the day or when you're working out? I do. I try to drink a quart of water every two hours, when I am at work. When I go on a Step Excursion, I purposely drink half a quart before and after. Sometimes it's more. I aim to hydrate as often as possible, and when I do, I notice I don't tire so easily. I met my hydration goal of 1.5 gallons of water today. During summer I boost my water hydration to nearly two gallons, daily. That's a tougher goal to accomplish, so I am paying closer attention, come this summer.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: