Old 01-17-2010, 04:41 AM   #29
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I have enjoyed sitting

But have to admit I don't have that kind of long term discipline. And the Buddhists that I have known are very centered indeed. Love me some Pema Chodron. http://www.pemachodron.org/ However, I get some mixed messages about Buddhism's acceptance (or lack thereof) of homosexuality. Some places I read that we fall under "sexual misconduct" laws of their religion and other places I read that they do not judge us. As someone who grew up under the boot of "hate the sin, love the sinner" Xtianity, this kind of gives me the willies.

Certainly don't want to discourage anyone from walking the path of their choosing, but worry that all religion, even ones without God's can be a minefield of do's and don'ts that is bound to leave someone out.

I guess any door through which we enter, can snag us on it's splinters, we must walk on through to get to (what I believe) is our shared destination.

Sacred communion with all.
key is offline   Reply With Quote