Old 01-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Now that I think about it I'm not sure. My BC was fully changed (KY changes and does not amend). I wrote more about this above. They were more interested in the letter than the BC. I think they were comparing the wording in the letter with the policy wording. I was turned away with just the BC. So I wonder now if the SS could be changed with just a letter and no BC?

What state was your hubby born in? I won the state lottery as far as BC is concerned because Kentucky makes it pretty easy. I called first, they were great, friendly and helpful and they fully changed the BC with a letter from a surgeon. So I figured, get that first, then it should make it easier to get the rest.

Rufus
Interesting.

He was born in a Louisiana in a parish where it seems (to us) that this has never been done (we think this bécause no one has the same answer on how to accomplish the change from court house to vital records).

They do change and not amend the BC, but people suggested lawyers due to the paperwork etc. It is not a simple application with a letter--it is basically a lawsuit suing the county for a new BC. Instead of paying thousands for a a lawyer (the lawyers we contacted did not even seem that knowledgable and were hugely exp), we drew up the docs ourselves but, of course, we were given conflicting information of who and where to send and it is quite the mess...need a redo. It has been a bit of a nightmare and are taking a break from it at this point.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: