Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #29
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Interesting.

He was born in a Louisiana in a parish where it seems (to us) that this has never been done (we think this bécause no one has the same answer on how to accomplish the change from court house to vital records).

They do change and not amend the BC, but people suggested lawyers due to the paperwork etc. It is not a simple application with a letter--it is basically a lawsuit suing the county for a new BC. Instead of paying thousands for a a lawyer (the lawyers we contacted did not even seem that knowledgable and were hugely exp), we drew up the docs ourselves but, of course, we were given conflicting information of who and where to send and it is quite the mess...need a redo. It has been a bit of a nightmare and are taking a break from it at this point.
It does sound very complicated. I understand the need to step back from it for a while. I'm so sorry. I find it grossly unfair that it is easy for some due to accident of birth and very difficult if not impossible for others.

I have learned a lot from you though and that all other docs can be changed without a BC change. I got my BC first partly because it was easy and partly because I thought it would pave the way for changes to other docs. It is nice to know that the BC is not a requirement for the other docs. The whole process is time consuming and frustrating and I received conflicting information on a couple of occasions. I always made a point of checking the offices policies and web pages first, calling second and then applying or going to the office last. Even doing this I had to resend different or more documents because what I was told on the phone was different once the actual application was made.

Hang in there.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post: