Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post

I also stared at my bare chest in the mirror every single day for a couple of weeks to see if I could live with it. I wanted to be absolutely one hundred percent sure that I would not regret the surgery. No regrets.
It's funny I've actually found myself doing this a lot lately. Not necessarily intentially. I find I'm just so ready for them to be gone for many reasons. I have a bad neck also, so besides my mind set there are physical benefits for having the chestbegone!

Quote:
8. I took off for 3 weeks. I know many who have gone back sooner, but I had the gift of time in that particular position so I took advantage of it. Personally, I'm glad I did.

9. I wish that I would have returned to work to only half-days for the first week. During the first week, I would really start to feel it around 1:00. I would get very fatigued, and I would feel spasms in my back from being so tense and "protective" of my chest.
Thanks for bringing this up. I want to remember to adress that option when I address my employer. Finacially I'm set for a couple months with out work and am hoping the nature of my job will allow me to take as much time as I need, since theoretically I'm an independent contractor. I don't think they'll be happy because I'm one of their go to drivers yet at the same time I'm hoping that will work to my advantage at having a job to come back to.

Quote:
12. I initially found my surgeon on transster and then found someone on the other b/f site who had used him. We exchanged a few messages about his experience. I also found someone on Live Journal who had used him, and we messaged one another as well. (I think transster is down now???) Finally, I talked to my surgeon's office manager a few times to get a feel for what his practice was like......and, ultimately, met with him.

13. Like I said, I think transster is down now (not sure of that), and that some other site has taken its place. And Transitional Male has some good information, as well. Plus, there are no shortages of opinions and experiences right here in the b/f community!!

Hope that helps and GOOD LUCK!!!
From what I can tell transter is down. I do have a few other sites but doesn't hurt to see what else is out there.

Thanks again for your input!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote