Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
I've got a migraine and it's been over 48 hours. I've tried a trick my dad told me, which is to put my feet in very hot water/cold water, to see if it's from vasso-dilatation or vasso-restriction. the ice water makes it worse, the hot water better: vassorestriction caused. however, the relief only lasts about 10 minutes and the NSAIDs I have don't even touch the sides of the pain. If I do manage to get some sleep, I dream about my brain getting razor cuts. I will be seeing the doctor in the morning but I was rather hoping anyone had any more/tricks suggestions (no nausea, just blurred vision, kicking pain, side of face/teeth/sinus/back of head) - ? I've not been able to "rest" because I've had it about 60 hours now and I do have to get on with things and the pain is becoming a bit surreal (and yes dark does help but doesn't stop it).

I'll be able to call the doc's in about another 6 hours.

suggestions anyone?

Ice at the occipital (base of the skull) and a neck massage with gentle but firm stretch of the neck. Hand under the neck supporting the curve of the neck. Or use a rolled towel under your neck. The stretching will help the tension in your nerves.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: