Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #20
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I've been getting migraines since I was about 6 or 7. Many years ago, there was no migraine medication on the market that targeted just the migraine. Back then I took Darvon or Sinubid. My mom used to always ask me why I didn't wake her when she'd catch be rocking back and forth on the couch in the middle of the night quietly crying because it hurt so bad. I used to tell her that there was nothing she could do to help me, so why wake her. As a young adult, I was taking Vicodin. I was thankful when Imitrex came out. It meant no more crawling the walls over them. I find as I get older they don't come as frequent or are as bad. I had a doctor once tell me that if I feel the slightest tinge of a headache to take Excedrine for migraine with a sinus pill before reaching for my Imitrex. Most of the time it works. I can function if I'm already awake and the migraine hits me, but if I wake in the middle of the night from one, I'm a goner for a day. It will zap all my energy and makes functioning normally quite hard. I have noticed, if the migraine hits me on my right temple, I could deal with it. If it catches my left temple, I just want to be in that dark room with a sleep mask wrapped around my head for extra darkness. I also go grab an ice pack when it gets that bad. At that point any sound around me is not my friend.

Many migraine sufferers may notice a migraine just before or during their menstrual cycle. The doctor told me it was normal for that to happen to a migraine sufferer. I'm thankful I don't have worry about that one anymore.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote