Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I always knew I was different, but being born on 1963 and growing up in Argentina with missionary parents, I was not exploded to much. lol.

At 12 I read my first book with a love scene and remember relating to the boy in the story more than the girl. I was flummoxed.

I had boyfriends but it never did much for me sexually and I decided I was frigid until at 21 a girl talked me into kissing her at a fraternity party. Electricity shot through me and from them on I knew. I had a boyfriend and a girlfriend both for a while, but ended up realizing I was a Lesbian. It was very hard and shocking being from my background. I walked away from everything I had been brought up to believe.

I really fought coming out as Femme. I resisted it for many years preferring to be "just me" and even at one point having a flat top and wearing men's clothes. I hated to be told I was not supposed to drive my car or pump my own gas since I was Femme. I hate being told I can't do something. I had way more resistance and contunue to for being Femme and dating Butches than I did for just being Lesbian. Somehow being Femme and looking like I sing Contemporary Christian music is wayyy more shocking than just fucking women. Lunatic Fringe. lol.

I was well into my 30's before the word Femme did not piss me off. I am still learning to be just me and ignore those people who would try to tell them how I should be.

Last edited by Apocalipstic; 04-16-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post: