Old 01-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I want to first say i have absolutely no knowledge of the "steps" of these programs but being in health care i do know they work and they are healing and are wonderful with the majority of good outcomes for most people. So, i mean no disrespect and am only speaking from my own perspective.

Having said that, i also know that i've seen, for myself personally, they can do harm. Case in point; someone i knew, long, long ago, proclaimed to be "coming clean" with their conscience in a "step" program and asked for forgiveness for something that was a total lie and never happened. I know this makes no sense. It didn't to me either. But, at the same time it caused hurt. I don't think that these steps to recovery of any type are ever intended to hurt another and if they do, you are doing it wrong. Maybe i'm totally wrong about it, but it just wouldn't make sense if you can cause hurt or harm to another while making yourself better.

So, my dear Pajama, *my* humble advice is this...don't give it much thought. Whoever this person is, it's their path to ask for forgiveness and move into recovery. That does not translate into your obligation to succumb to an acceptance of forgiveness or even acknowledgement of the intent. It's "their journey", apparently they are doing the right things for THEM, and i wish them well as i know you do. They have accomplished what they needed to do. It's not your cross to bear. Walk away from said email and ....Let it be.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: