View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Apretty, I've sat with and held the hand of 3 immediate family member as they have died. And, then there's a few I hardly knew...

"Dying with dignity" for any of my family members would not include a "death machine" while being filmed and aired on 60 minutes. Then, there's that part about the organ removal I've only heard of and prefer not to see.

So..I get the aspect of people having control over their own lives and bodies and not expecting them to endure untold suffering, and agree with that.

I believe he could have handled it with more dignity, more compassion and far less politically and "out there."

Should he have been imprisoned for that? I don't think so anymore. Not after some of the things I've witnessed since my original opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i'm curious as to why you (originally) supported his imprisonment? how was his behavior vulgar? what behavior? his work?

what about 'how he goes about' ending someone's life is awful?

_

i have seen the documentary, i never thought that his helping someone end their pain should be up to anyone except that individual (and if the patient isn't in a position to decide--that's when i would think others need to be involved.)

i really don't get how much (all?) of health care, for the individual, is the concern of government agencies and insurance companies: a person's wishes often come last.

last, i happen to think that good doctors are a little 'odd' --they're certainly not charming and maybe not even mannerly, but that doesn't take away from them being good at 'doctoring'.
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post: