View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #111
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieAlexis View Post
Thank you for sharing this, Mr. Bent. For me your story sums up how transition - however it is defined - becomes such a personal tool empowerment for the one going through it. (How I wish the critics would think about that.)

Thank you, Stephanie. I appreciate your insight - your perspective on my words helps me to see that, too. As well, you have pin pointed for me something I've felt from many of the posts here, but have not been able to quite find the words for, and that is the sense of empowerment that comes from self-actualization.

Sidenote: I think you're giving the critics too much credit when you imply that they think.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post: