Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #54
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbean View Post
LOL Well MsTinkerbelly, this isn't my first rodeo but what it is is annoying and very tiring. You may have hit upon the answer: Protein.

The way I was advised to manage this is with 4 meals a day that are equal in protein and carbs. The problem is I am way more into carbs. Perhaps I just need to increase that a lot?

Having the low blood sugar in the morning would really be difficult. I'm sorry that you have to have some mornings like that. Thank you for the good wishes and best wishes for your levels too!
Hi Butterbean,

I wonder if you're eating mostly simple carbs instead of complex carbs... I know that when I eat simple carbs (white bread, potato without the skin, white rice), then my blood sugar spikes high for a bit and then bottoms right out. The complex carbs (also called low glycemic carbs) digest more slowly and steadily and don't give me the spike and bottoming out effect.

It's a bit of a pain to follow the glycemic index, but I can feel a big difference when I do.

Like many of you, I struggle with fatigue when I'm not managing my numbers well....and by 7 pm I'm almost nodding off on the couch.

Wryly, I had to chuckle...I seem to be better at exercising more when I'm busy then when I'm not, too. Weird how that works. If your sister can't walk well right now, can you get access to a swimming pool? I found that walking in a pool is actually even better than walking on land in some ways...takes the weight off the joints and feet, and makes you work against the resistance of the water, too.

Hugs to all of you...and I hope your test results come back with good news Lips.