The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
Even so, I think the damage is already done by that point. Tbh, I'd support getting rid of them outright. They often seem self-prophecizing as far as how important many people think they are. Especially when it comes to getting the youth/student vote out I think it's important to realise how polls can affect results or suppress votes since many young Canadians are already under the impression that they can't make a difference. These elections things are going better what with vote mobs, social media etc., but still really hate how much weight the public puts on polls.
Not necessarily. Remember they only show how Canadians feel across the country as a whole and isn't reflective of local MP. Many vote based on that person alone, regardless of the overall party. Certainly there are those that "toe the line" but I don't think it's as prevalent as previously.

I think Canadians are not happy with Harper and if the advanced polls are higher than usual we may be seeing something entirely new. IIRC, when the NDP won in Ontario years ago the same thing happened: backlash against a PC gov't and deciding to give someone new a chance in the ridings.

I've heard a few of the ads on CHUM-FM (listening Live Online) and have to said that some of them are just bad, like really bad. They treat Canadians as if they are children and I don't think I've really heard any ads by any party state what they are going to do for the country. They've all been about what's wrong with the other guy (negative ads like that are why people don't vote).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote