smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

It can be really difficult when having to let go of a friendship especially if at one time you were close to them, but after a while, when certain things happen it becomes a situation of enough is enough and the time comes when we seriously have to think about how healthy this friendship is.
I know personally i have had to end friendships with people who were emotional vampires, after interacting with them I would feel completely physically and emotionally drained and after a while, it seemed like the only time they ever really wanted to talk was if they either needed something from me, or wanted to drag me into their drama and I started feeling really on edge and annoyed every time I would hear from them, it got so bad that I knew I needed to put some space between us or it was going to get worse, and after cutting ties I felt a lot better, I have also needed to do this with family members.
I am empathic and sensitive to others and over the years I have had to learn how to sort of shield myself, there are times I feel like a magnet for the overly needy, but now due to age and experience I think, I am sort of able to catch on rather quickly if I am going to have issues with a certain personality and can sort of prepare for it if that makes sense?

When I was younger I used to hold grudges, especially against those who hurt myself or my family.. but over the years ive realized it took way too much energy so nowadays i am more apt to just let go and move on

Last edited by smouldering; 11-11-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added more
smouldering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post: