Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Aw, Parker, I'm sorry that happened. Tulsa is one of the gayest cities in the country (per capita). I went to our first Pride parade in 1999, and I can tell you things have come a LONG way since the early 2000's.

Charleston's is delish! I'm more of a locavore (Local Table is like Tulsa locavore heaven), but Charleston's is one chain I'll make an exception for. My work takes us there for dinner a few times a year. I always look forward to it.

Wish I could have met you when you were in town. As far as we can tell, JAGG and I are it for the B/F community here.
Well, that was 10 years ago, which is kind of a lifetime ago when it comes to gay rights and acceptance of gay people, so I wouldnt judge the city based solely on that!

I have to admit, it is one of the nicer places I have lived - I liked Tulsa better than Colorado Springs, Fresno, and of course, Missi-fucking-ssippi.

Like Jagg, I also moved there with nothing but my dog, my truck, and whatever could fit inside my truck - I had been re-cooperating from a serious illness while living with a friend in Mississippi, but she was moving, so it was either stay in MS or move someplace else. A friend lived in Tulsa and talked me into picking up and moving there - I got an apt in the complex she lived in and within a few days, I got a job.

It was tempting to stay there, but I really wanted to go back to school and being a vet meant it was free for me in IL, so I headed back "home."

I dont hate the 918.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: