View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #3497
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I'm volunteering as part of CREW 52, for the 52nd Super Bowl here in Minneapolis. There are 10,000 volunteers, and our jobs are to make the expected million visitors to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St Paul) feel welcome, and to answer questions about everything from directions to public transportation to the best restaurants...any thing they might need help with.

My particular job is to be at headquarters in downtown Minneapolis checking the volunteers in for their work shifts. I will also be serving coffee and hot soup, and doing anything else my team captain asks me to do.

There are festivities going on for the 10 days before the big game...lots of celebrities in town...PINK will be doing a concert and there are several other concerts and events.

I work 3 five hour shifts...and we have all been given a very nice swag bag including a winter jacket complete with a zip out liner, a scarf, mittens,
hat, long sleeve polo shirt, a thermal coffee mug, and a backpack. When we complete our 2nd work shift, we receive a pair of boot socks.

This already has been quite the experience with meeting other volunteers and posting on our closed facebook page...I have handed out rainbow buttons to GLBTQI volunteers and allies to wear on their uniforms to let visitors know we are safe to talk to.

I was NEVER a football fan before this...I was the femme in the kitchen making the eats for half time. Now....well, I guess I'll be making them before the game, LOL!

With what we're calling "the Minnesota Miracle" (Diggs making hte touchdown to win the game as the clock ticked to 0) against the Saints...I am sooo hopeful my Vikings will make it to the Super Bowl....

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL!
Gosh nanners, that sounds like so much fun!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: