TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Well Tru, you have a good point.

We are asked to defend and protect numerous countries and their peoples, we are a country people want to move to in order to share in the "American Dream", and we are a country that many want to take the lead on global warming and other environmental issues.

But...does that make us the best country ever, or does that make us "saps" for doing so much without equal monetary and troop contributions? I despise Donald Trump, but does he have a point that few others pay their fair share?
What I think is that because the USA probably has one the largest armed forces that is willing to stand up and help that is why we are called upon to do so. We have a large amount of allies with smaller armies that often need our help. Other countries understand that when called upon for help, we often will assist when necessary. I don't know if other countries are able to afford to pay a better share of monies or troop contributions, I don't know their details. I can't honestly say. But if our government knows other countries have the money to afford to help and the troops to send, then yeah I think they should pay out more of a fair share, you can't make them do anything, it's up to them I guess. I am not versed on the laws that govern the United Nations agreements if this is where it comes from, I haven't a clue. I imagine it would come from the UN agreements, as does the Geneva Convention, which you can't make another country respect the laws of it to follow it during war and we all know it's not. There are those countries out there that refuse to do things the way the United Nations has asked, there are those that don't follow The Hague Rules too. Just as China doesn't follow the rules of the law in Hague Courts and keeps military bases stock piled with missiles that was recently on the news no ones talked about. I saw it on Facebook breaking news clip here's the link to the article that was written about the South China Seas and China joining N. Korea declaring war on the US in the South China Seas after the Hague Court ordered them to remove their military capabilities from the islands there. My memory isn't the greatest due to ptsd and anxiety, so please read the article about it. LINK

PS: Trump needs to pay HIS fair share in TAXES!!