Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,027 Times in 9,959 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Here's a snapshot of the type of exercise I've been getting, over the past six weeks:

1) Preparation for my move, which happens next weekend. I have carefully packed up all the contents of my house, which the count of boxes (small to very large) stands at 55. I bought three huge new boxes at Lowes tonight, to pack up my wardrobe which doesn't hang on hangers. And I have 5 other small boxes yet to seal up with packing tape (shower, bathroom, kitchen stuff, cleaning stuff, etc), which will bring the total count of boxes to 63.

2) I've deep cleaned appliances that stay in the apartment, and I've deep cleaned appliances that are mine that I am taking with me to the new studio apartment. That took a whole weekend, just a couple weeks ago, or so.

3) Last weekend, I did up all my laundry and freshened up laundry, in case I am burned out after the move and can't bring myself to do laundry again.
Also, last weekend, I washed all the walls and cleaned all the windows. This weekend, I am painting the walls and trim, throughout the apartment. I just bought the best paint in town and all the stuff I need to do it with (brushes, rollers, paint pans, paint cloths, painter's tape, etc). I'm even leaving the expensive LED lightbulbs in the apartment, as a kind gift to the new renter who probably can't afford to buy them, and it will reduce their electricity bill. I hope they silently thank me for the rest of their lives (lol).

This is it, the moment I've waited for since last year and all the years before, when I couldn't move, but now I can. So happy I can do it. I earned it and I deserve it.

The new studio is situated in a very quiet, median range income type neighborhood. We have a huge indoor pool and spa. It's got an expansive layout with plenty of room to begin a new life. And to learn how to find my balance on my bicycle and hopefully regain some mobility skills which have been so hard to accomplish. Between practicing mobility exercise in the pool and to train to learn how to ride a bicycle again, I might be a few steps closer to who I used to be, before the day I nearly lost my life in a car crash, on the job.

I'm getting there: One step at a time. One day at a time. And sometimes, one moment at a time.

Cheers to all of you, in the exercise group.

K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: