Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I don't resent other people's choices. I admire their creativity. But don't expect me or mine to go through real hardship unless we decide to. I have been big time guilt tripped for not traveling when I did not have vacation time -- and would have had my pay docked. So I was out the travel money and my pay. (For that one, I bit the bullet and attended.)

People in the U.S. DO often expect that. I have known a lot of wonderful couples making lovely welcoming arrangements. And I have known a few -- even good friends -- who don't get it that their wedding is not perhaps worth others' financial hardship or others worrying about their kids.

That is what I don't get and never will. Is there something about a wedding that brings out otherwise good people's inner narcissists?
I do not think anyone is a narcissist for wanting a child-free wedding!

People have a right to have the wedding of their choice without judgments on wether or not they have a personality disorder or that something is wrong with them.

I feel this way even having raised two kids and having spent a good portion of their childhood with next to no money.

We all have the choice to attend any wedding without getting ourselves all upset if they don't want our little darlings present.

My 5 grandchildren are lovely and well-behaved. I am proud to take them anywhere but again, feel people have the right to the wedding of their dreams just as I have the right to attend or not.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: