Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
In formal settings...Miss
Relationship Status:
Wrapped up with a Shiny Red Bow

Rivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverseastar View Post
Then my youngest child got ill with a disease and our lives were turned into chaos for several years. All the fear and hospital stays created a dramatic stressful environment and the best we could do was cope. It had an impact on the levels of energy for anything else. Once her remission hit it opened doors for "normal" again only she was an angry teenager who felt she lost some of the best years of her life. That was a fun time- not.

If I could change some things- I would have got her into therapy right away. Actually all of us. I would have asked for direct help versus hoping/waiting others would see what was needed and volunteer.
This sounds a lot like what happened with my daughter for 6 years, and I kept questioning myself-'why? But I tried so hard to do everything right and be the best parent I could be!' The years of hospitalization and dealing with the impact of her illness were hell, she continues to struggle and finds her own way, and I accept that these things can just happen no matter how much you try to ensure that they don't.