Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

I think the idea of this thread is a great one. I wonder if it may evolve into a "Remember 'Pop-Rocks'"? thread.....Not that there's anything wrong with that! (Yeah, I think many GenXers love Seinfeld)

I personally liked growing up when I did because I got the influence of the 60s to some degree and the 70s and 80s. I don't feel particularly jaded or money-driven and I am pretty sure I'm not very materialistic.

I kind of feel like I got the best of all worlds...the hippy/peace/music/liberation aspect of the 60s mixed with the fun, hijinks and appreciation of technology from the 70s-80s. I also got the strong work ethic and character of my semi-depression era parents.

I enjoyed TV much better then, too, when they actually had WRITERS. Same with films. You would not even be able to have some of those shows on today...the thought police would swoop down and get them off the air.

Good thread. I can't wait to read the posts.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post: