Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,029 Times in 9,961 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Searching for Sugarman (Sixto Rodriguez)

My day began very early with going out shopping for groceries before the sun came up and by the time I had called for a cab to bring me home (with food in tow), I had no idea how that ride would change my plans today. My cab driver had an interesting pair of shades on and I asked him if they were late 60s Vaurnet shades and our conversation, as he drove me home, led to me finding out about a documentary that was only in town for today.

I went to see: Sugarman

It was such a great story about a lesser known man from Detroit - an indie artist, I guess one might say - who apparently was so talented that no one took notice of him. Yeah. Anyway, woven throughout the hour and a half film, I learned about how his recordings ended up in South Africa and for years, he had such a huge following - cult-like, almost.

It really opened my eyes to how the music industry is such a cut-throat business and that artists who are well-known stars by today's standards, are not even half as talented as Sixto Rodrigues (Sugarman).

The film had only three showings today and I happened to be able to walk into the late morning showing of this documentary. I have a feeling it will earn some awards this year at Sundance... it's that good.

Here's a trailer I found for the film on YouTube:

PS/ if you get the chance to see it in your town, I say go see it!
I haven't said much about what a person finds out in the film:
I don't want to spoil it for people.... But seriously, it's very good.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: