sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post
Just a note, purging isn't just about throwing up. There's various ways to purge.

Also, purgers can have some very serious medical conditions on down the line if they keep this kind of behavior up for too long.

Upon hitting menopause (age 46, early menopause also caused by purging) I found that I had the bone density of an 80 year old woman. After years of medications and lots and lots of Calcium and Vitamin D, I'm now up to Osteopenia, but it took years to gain that bone density back.
((((Stevin))))
You are so right, it's not just throwing up.. for me, personally, thats what purging has been, but i know there are other methods and i'm glad you brought this up..
my scare has always been how what i am doing is affecting my health, i'm 38 years old now and after doing this for so long i am 'now' feeling it more in ways i never have, and knew it was a matter of time before something would impact my health negatively.. (or even moreso, i should say)..

i didn't realize purging could bring on early menopause.. To be honest, i'm petrified to look up what i've been doing to myself and what things could happen to me, i've always avoided looking..(sad, i know) But, important that i'm wanting change, now.. i think a big reason of why i started this thread is knowing i would learn from others, if they were to share, and would motivate me to be more aware of what i do to myself when i do these things...i need to be deal with the truths, and be honest with myself, of course..

i soo appreciate you sharing here, Stevin.. and thrilled that you gained the bone density back and are finding yourself in a healthier place.. that is wonderful!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: