Old 11-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #51
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
...everybody else feels a person out for more than a week before dating right? Do people date the same as back when I used to get asked on a date?
I know it's been a while, but yes, often people wait quite a while before asking others out on dates. Everyone hopes for a positive reaction when asking someone out, so it makes sense to get to know the other person as much as possible before making yourself vulnerable. The process is about the same, though the actual activities may be different.

It's been a while since you posted, so I hope that you are enjoying your time with your friend.

To get back to what you said you wanted the thread to turn into....a discussion about interracial relationships and the difficulties in dating, etc...

I find that it's much easier now than in the past. I've dated Puerto Ricans, Cubans, whites, and African Americans, so I definitely don't have a set race that I prefer to partner and date. I prefer people that are kind and that I feel a connection with. It just so happens that I've been blessed enough to experience that with many different folks.

I kind of expected some of the usual racial stuff here in Texas, but I haven't seen it. It may have happened behind my back or out of my earshot, but nothing's happened that I am aware of. The interesting thing is that we have more issues with our families. Chances are, I'll never introduce Organic to my dad or stepmom. Chances are, Organic will never introduce me to his mom. They all have old school prejudice buried deep inside them and it's truly sad because we're kickass people who are loved by people they love. It shouldn't matter.

But it does.

So, in conclusion, we have more racial issues with our families than with our friends and/or with strangers.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: