Old 03-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #59
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Default Peace of Mind

Because I have lived a life of right action (since the age of 19) - instead of choice - real/true meditation has become a way of life for me, with the following side-effects:
the various siddhis, which seem trivial compared with the following treasures:
peace of mind (pacem in terris, there can never be peace on earth until there is peace of mind within)
dispassionate indifference (because of insight meditation, there was the seeing that one was the ground of all humanity, and as the ground is indifferent to one’s likes and dislikes, one is this indifference - absolutely wonderful); so one can and has said, it's your life, not mine!
confidence
surety (a feeling of complete and utter psychological security) - when one starts off with certainty, one ends up in confusion, better to start off with uncertainty and live that way, until one comes to meditation
psychological freedom - not feeling like a puppet on the strings of some past event of one's life (hereditary or otherwise)
discernment
enhanced sensitivity
there has even been some physical healing of some minor physical problems

having one's own mind - the greatest blessing of all

"meditation as a way of life, a journey through life;
meditation is life, meditation is the final act of a life of truth - the whole of one’s life
when one dedicates one’s whole life to meditation, then life consecrates all of its attention to one’s life - in other words, life takes care of one
without meditation, one is just surviving, because life is meditation
a life that is not lived in meditation is not worth living"

(from the book I am writing)

so with all these, one faces with the last third of one's life, and looks out quietly at the madness and horror around one

so, no, no regrets at all

would be wonderful if all could have these treasures, but they are not to be found on the dark side
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: