Old 09-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #23
Nic

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FtM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I am her North and she is my Star.

Nic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST Reputation

Still figuring out how to quote things and not much time.

As a new member of the community I've spent a fair amount of time reading rather than posting. Reading some of the hot topic left me with the feeling that some of the more experienced folks occasionally get tired of being the sign posts for enlightenment.

"Do the work" is a great phrase. Makes sense to ask people to be accountable, naive or not. In a defensive frame of mind (everyone has it from time to time) it might sound like an accusation rather than a request or suggestion.

Privilege is my trigger. I'm an ass about it. I try to be gentle about naivete but I can come on like a 2 x 4 swinging a 4 x 6 when people are being malicious. Don't mind it either. Keeps me warm at night. Also recognize that I have privilege of my own. Takes an awake head to be in both spaces at once. Who wants to be a hypocrite?

In situations where I'm the old hand who's tired of hearing the same tired argument, -ism, whatever, I leave the enlightenment debate to people with more patience. I don't need to be the sign post everyday. Some days I can just be a post. No signs.

"Trust is a verb."

Street Buddha
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nic For This Useful Post: