View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #31
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
FYI, as I was driving into work this morning and listening to National Public Radio (NPR), I caught the tail end of a story about vitamin D deficiency.

I was surprised to hear that vitamin D deficiency can cause "deadly strokes" in caucasian people. For African Americans some of the impacts of D deficiency does not appear to be as aggressive. Symptoms such as strokes and bone loss.

It is very early in the morning and I have not had the time to go in and read more about this. If you are vitamin D deficient you might want to do the research on this and/or talk with you physician.

It's so weird, I was thinking about starting an over-the-counter drug thread (what we take and why), and Vitamin D is something I've added to my regimen, as I have a deficiency.

I also had high cholesterol for the first time in my life, though I exercise almost every day and my weight is fine.

My mom has had three small strokes since January plus my dad passed away in February and my girlfriend had heart failure and strokes last fall (related to damage from chemo for breast cancer a decade ago—she cut me off, inexplicably from her hospital bed) TMI I know but my point is, I've been scared into even more vigilant health measures—I haven't had a drink since New Year's, exercise even more, have almost totally cut sugar and fat from my diet, and now you've given me another reason not to forget the D.