Old 09-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #40
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
That's really great, Dapper. Oftentimes, kids get better academic supervision and mentoring at community colleges. And the cc's that are part of a large university system are protected from becoming workforce development factories and continue to develop their liberal arts offerings. Also, professors at "good" community colleges encourage students to compete in things and attend conferences that are traditionally dominated by 4-year schools.

And in the end, it's the bachelor's degree and beyond that matters, IMO.
Yes, it is the bachelor's degree that matter, for certain. I also saw the mentoring that you speak of where TF's son was going. Excellent professors. It was a really interesting situation where they were University professors (employees of the local university), nestled within a community college. I understand the community college professors are excellent as well.

ETA: I realize my posts could be confusing as I am posting in a different area on the site about how TF's son is leaving for boot camp tomorrow. Although D was in the above program, he did not continue on that path. He was in it for one year (last year).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: