Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
I've just spotted an interesting item on the Science Daily webiste about the oestrogenic/androgen antagonist effects of lavender oil and tea tree oil, which apparently has had feminising effects on pre-pubertal boys in a number of cases: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0318144856.htm

I saw that and it totally made me remember a conversation with a friend who was transitioning several years ago.
She SWORE by lavender oil as a supplement for her transition! She said that she mixed the essential oil of lavender with her nightly moisturizing routine and rubbed it basically everywhere and that it helped soften her skin.

She also said that before she ever started hormones that an older friend who had already transitioned advised her that lavender would enhance her breasts if she used the essential oil in her lotion and also put it in her aromatherapy machine. I thought it was bullshit but I will fully admit that she had gorgeous, luminous skin so you know, maybe?! She also said she felt like she had gained breast tissue from it before ever starting hormones.

Might have been psychosomatic or whatever but hey, she always smelled delicious as a result of using it.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: