Old 07-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #81
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Does anyone here make their own capsules? I've got questions about dosages for turmeric and some other stuff.
You can take really large amounts of Curcumin, so don't be too concerned about getting the wrong number on that one. I take 2000mg per day, but that is also the recommended dose by my oncologist for past cancer (he has been doing western/holistic oncologist 30+ years). He makes his own supplements. On the bottle it recommends 500mg per day (for the average person).

The most important thing to remember about supplements is to get the highest quality you can. You can take a crapload of Curcumin, but if it isn't good quality, it really won't "do it's thing" in the same way/as much as quality stuff will.

I would also check into the importance of the quality of the capsule and if that can effect the way the supplement is absorbed into one's system. I don't know anything about that, but I know that for coated tablets (such as vitamins), that is important. I wonder if that would be less of a concern for capsules however (when it comes to supplements such as Curcumin), since that is something that we eat. I would do a quick google search on that, but perhaps you have already researched this.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote