Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
Nikki

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Doesn't Matter
Relationship Status:
very attached

Nikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST ReputationNikki Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everyone
Although I am not Diabetic,I have quite a few family members that have it and was at risk. I decided to do Gastric Bypass and have lost almost 100 pounds since February 23rd of this year.
I wanted to chime in because I cannot eat any sugar and have to watch the carbs as well.

I have also found a great All Natural Sweetener, in comparison to Sweet Leaf, its called Truvia and it is WONDERFUL. I have also used Purvia, but I like the sweetness of Truvia better. You can also find Stevia(which is the plant's name) in the Raw, which you can use cup for cup in baking.

I no longer drink any soda,so its Sobe Lifewater(which uses Stevia as its sweetener) and no sugar iced teas.

If you have a really good grocery store that carries Bob's Red Mill Products, they have a low carb baking flour that makes AMAZING pancakes,without all the high carbs. You can also go to www.bobsredmill.com to order it.

Grocery shopping used to take me such a short time, but now that I read every label,and am going Organic,it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to grocery shop. Thank Gawd I have an amazing Femme at my side to help.

Thanks for opening this discussion,and it being my first post here :O)

Peace
Nikki
Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nikki For This Useful Post: