Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default 'Hush-Puppy' Falafel Ball Treats w/ Orange Miso Sauce

Ingredients:

1 - Trader Joe's package of Falafel mix
3 - organic eggs
3 to 4 Tablespoonful's of Organic Coconut flour
1 1/2 cups of Organic Miso Ginger Broth
1 can of creamed Corn
2 Tablespoons of Organic Monk-fruit Sweetener
1 teaspoon of minced Garlic

And... a large handful of Organic Kale.

Utensils:

Large Mixing Bowl and Mixing Fork/Spoon
Non-Stick Ceramic Skillet
Fry-pan spatula
Organic Coconut Oil (to pan sear your Falafel-Hush-Puppy treats)

Prep-Time to Cooking Time to gobble them up Time: 15 to 20 minutes.

Directions:

Empty the package of Trader Joe's Falafel mix into the large mixing bowl. Add the can of Creamed Corn on top of the Falafel mix. Crack 3 organic eggs over the entire contents in your mixing bowl. Take your mixing fork/spoon and mix up the contents in the bowl. Now add the Miso Ginger Broth and remix the contents again. Add the minced Garlic. Take a large handful of Kale and then mix up all the contents inside the mixing bowl. I usually push the Kale into the Falafel batter mix and then once I do that, it is easier to mix the entire contents inside the mixing bowl. Now that most all of the ingredients are mixed up together, use your Organic Coconut flour sparingly, because you want the end product of your Falafel batter to have time to absorb the liquids we added to this batch of Hush-Puppy-Falafel batter. Add enough coconut flour that it takes on the consistency of a sticky batch of cookie dough. The dough-texture should be loose enough to scoop up a big spoonful to lay down in the skillet that has hot coconut oil in it. Pan sear several spoonfuls in your skillet. About 5 minutes on each side. They should be a golden brown shade on both sides, when you're done cooking them in the skillet. Turn heat off. Serve your Falafel-Hush-Puppy Ball Treats and top them with your favorite sauce. I use an Orange Miso sauce, which complements the flavor of these quick-to-make, healthy treats.

I love how tasty these treats are and how quick it is to make them. I only cook for me, but there is enough in the mixing bowl that I can have these tasty treats again over the weekend for my lunch or supper meals. They are high in fiber, high in protein, and dense with Kale. Win-Win, if you ask me.

Enjoy.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: