Old 02-16-2016, 08:26 AM   #2950
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm totally jazzed from my workout this morning!

I hopped onto my favorite elliptical and did the total body interval program, which has you switch from pedaling forward, backward and from using your legs versus using your arms to pull the levers and basically run the show. It's a good workout.

So, I hopped on there and decided it was going to be a good workout. A 'good' workout for me means a 250+ calorie burn. I got started and about 8 minutes into my workout, one of the owners of the gym came over and hopped onto the elliptical next to me. We briefly chitchatted and I carried on.

This woman is amazing. Not only does she help run the gym but she does some of the spinning classes and is in excellent shape, so when she hopped up next to me I felt a natural blend of camaraderie and competition. It's just my competitive spirit. I have to equal or best the person immediately next to me. So she helped me keep with my goal of a 'good' workout and helped push me a bit. I say 'good' because, realistically, any workout is a good workout. Maybe I'll call it a better workout.

Anywho, I expected a minimum of 250 calories burned and I got that. I got a great workout in, I felt the burn of lactic acid (hate that feeling even when I know it can be a good thing) and I tore it up without tearing myself up.

Unlike the poor sucker who fell off the treadmill a little later. He definitely should have toned it down. He was okay, thankfully.

So, here's my stats:

329.8 cal, 2.66 mi, 4689 strides, 35:00 min including cool down

I stretched on the mat for a bit and then got out of there. Oh, and I set a trainer appointment for Saturday morning.

All's good in the health world for me. I'm starting to drop some pounds and getting some good workouts in at the gym and at work (hate shoveling snow but it's a hella good workout) and I'm feeling a bit more settled in my skin. It's hard to be okay, really and truly okay with yourself, when your skin doesn't fit right. You can take that literally or figuratively. It's all relative.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: