imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I didn't separate myself from the B-F community, I would hope the B-F community wouldn't separate me from it because I feel more in sync with a cousin identity (not referencing being gender fluid, that's not so much an ID to/for me) more than butch. Though I suppose that could be a reality I didn't foresee...
I haven't either. I have many many friends who ID as butch and femme (among other genders) and I myself still ID as femme.

There has been described gender fluidity mentioned with butch and femme since I fist joined the communities in 1998/9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ropes misunderstanding of what was said (sorry rope, it appears to be a misunderstanding. I shouldn't assume, but I'm confident you'll let me know!) may be coming from the assersion Atlast made about the difference between North American Queer Gender concepts and UK ones. I think that's a valid assertion of difference.

I also note that North Americans *in comparison* are far more "obssessed" with their teeth. To what seems amsuing an absurd levels by people here. And? So what? It's just a difference. I'm nervous about returning to greater consumerism, focus on a longer work week and less holidays as well.

I don't think it's unfair to point these differences out and to voice my hesitation and nervousness about return to North America when there are some cultural markers I won't feel very comfortable about and will have a hard time re-adjusting back into. it's a valid fear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not aware of a division between genderfluid or butch and or femme. Like you Met, I don't personally ID by my gender fluidity. it's just a traight like being blue eyed. Some people are. some people are not.

I'm personally having a gender/sex neutral day today so my tits are *REALLY* getting on my nerves. Some days I really do wish I could bind comfortably to get them the hell out of my own face. This doesn't stop me from being femme (a softwear program that constantly runs in the background at the same time). I know some people will have a problem wrapping their heads around that. it's not important though. Their brain math isn't my problem and I understand that occationally things don't make sense to others in personal core realms- it happens to me too. As long as I'm still accepted for me, that's all that really matters.

But the above isn't something that would occur to me to really talk to people about. It just kinda is, I'm used to it. it's sort of like talking to someone about my bowel movements. In context, it's fine. but it would be wierd to keep putting everything around me in my life in context to my bowel movements.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: