Old 11-17-2015, 08:56 AM   #2812
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's been nearly a month since I actually worked out at the gym but I dragged myself there this morning and had a light workout. I hopped on the treadmill and set the weight loss program since I knew it wouldn't get too fast. Can't keep the heart rate in the fat burning zone if you're gasping for breath.

I did half an hour plus cool down on the treadmill (158.6 cal, 1.07 mi) and then I hopped on their scale that measures hydration, body mass, muscle mass, et cetera. I also hopped on their regular floor scale and there's a discrepancy of almost 2 lbs so do with that what you will.

I later found out it should be done before the workout but I digress.....the workout was low key enough that I doubt it skewed things too badly. I did ask one of the owners of the gym how to interpret a couple of the icons and he got it wrong too...lol...so I got one of the sheets to keep track of this and I'll have an accurate read in the next few days.

Here is what I came up with (which could be wrong and affected by the previous workout):

179 lbs
44% hydration, which is close. I should be in the 45-60% range.
Physique type 9-this is actually not bad given how they calculate the chart, but 5 or 6 would be better
5.2 lbs for my bone mass range, which needs to be around 6.5 lbs
40.8% bad stuff, which makes me obese...I need to be in the 30% range
I'm in the healthy range for visceral fat. There are only 2 ranges, good and bad, so I'm okay.
100.4 lbs of good stuff

That leaves 78.6 lbs of stuff that can be improved upon. I'm going to compare my next reading, before my workout and with a little more experience with the contraption, and see how it differs.

I'm going to try yoga on Thursday and my trainer offered me another free half hour session, so that makes me happy. He even promised to tone it down a bit so I'm only sore for one day, not two. He's a good kid. I'm glad I wound up at this gym, even if I have to drive just a smidge more to get to it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: