Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today seems like as perfect as a time to post about another favorite poem. I have always liked the poem The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost. In fact, thanks to a graduate level course I took a few years ago, we studied perplexing literature, literature that most always people think they understand, but actually don't.

Robert Frost's poem is, as articulately described in a blog post link that I'll leave below the poem, an poem that "...isn't a salute to can-do individualism: it's a commentary on the self-deception we practice when constructing the story of our own lives" and "the best example in all of American poetry of an wolf in sheep's clothing" and, as David Orr goes on to emphasize with profundity, that "It may be the best example in all of American culture of an wolf in sheep's clothing: -- David Orr (poetry columnist for the New York Times Book Review).

Here's the link to the blog post by The Paris Review, which speaks to the poem authored by Robert Frost and the book authored by David Orr, The Road Not Taken: Finding America in the Poem Everybody Loves and Almost Everyone Gets Wrong (Penguin Press, 2015).

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/...em-in-america/

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: