Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #70
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Kast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingularNYCFemme View Post
The nine words were

static deserted glamour child foundry latitude kiss blessing hell

I provided them as they randomly floated into and through my brain; then thought ack! What could anyone come up with using those words?

What the poem came to be about (led by glamour, child, and hell) is those little girls whose bizarrely obsessed mothers spend ridiculous sums of money doing odd and inappropriate things to stick these innocent little beings into beauty pageants, a practice I personally find offensive and indefensible, no matter how much of an industry has grown around it. These little children are objectified, and by the time they are 5 or 6 years old are veterans with a competitive edge against other little girls. Anyway, the poem grew out of the words, which is one of the things I've loved about Arwen's thread through the years.
Yes, that's what I was thinking the poem was about too. Just wanted to make sure, nicely captured.
Kast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kast For This Useful Post: