JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dream from Novermber 9, 2007

I walked down a path beside a river with a cliff face on either side. As I walked I felt a clam take over. This is all so familiar, a dreamscape, my place of reflection and guidance. After a time, the cliff on the far side of the river fell away to a plateau. I saw a hawk fly above me, almost as big as an eagle. He called to me and flew low. Then it was as if I was seeing through his eyes. I flew high and looked over the landscape. Once I was two men, intimately embraced, in another area a city sprung to life. At last I saw what I was seeking. A fire with three people gathered round it. I flew lower and as I landed I changed shape becoming myself again. I walked to the fire and set down among those already there. The first was and Indian chief sitting proud and erect; his chest bare and feathers in his hair, which hung loose to his waist. Next was a solider, from his uniform and equipment and American solider from WWII. He avoided the glance of the others, and I was fatigue in his face. The last was and old Chinese medicine woman. She too was proud; and like the Indian, used to being in charge. For some time we sat in silence as other images cam into my mind: a grave yard and my sister’s grave, playing a game in the yard as a child, lowering yet another loved one into the ground.

Finally I asked the chief, “Why are you here?” indicating the others as well.

He replied “We each represent a piece of you.”

As I again looked at each of my companions I became confused. I had similarities to the medicine woman; we both used herbs and energies to heal. But what could these other two represent in me? “I don’t understand,” was my guarded reply. “I am not a soldier, a warrior as this one.”

The Indian smiled patiently. “You are strong than you thing. You weather storms that would drown many. You fight to be yourself and make choices to place yourself in great adversity to achieve your goals.” He placed a hand on my shoulder before speaking again. “The battles you fight could be easily avoided, the warrior in you must fulfill honor. You must be true to yourself in the face of others.

As I once again looked at the soldier he raised his head and as our eyes met yet another mired of images flooded my head. First was the soldier on the battle field, kneeling beside a fallen comrade, assuring him things would be fine and help was on the way. Calm and in control, even through his friends dying breath. Next was a young woman, myself I realized, comforting a relative at my sister’s funeral. Controlling my own emotion until I felt others had been satisfied. I saw myself grow older as other battles in my life were played out beside me. When I returned to the fire I looked at the chief, unable to speak.

He nodded in understanding. “The woman is next. To her people she is invaluable. She is able to see the signs of sickness and relieve the pain of others. You also were given this gift. Not only to use plants as medicine, but to feel pain and remove it. The pain you have felt in your own life serves to heighten these senses, without it you would lack the understanding of the energies you see in others; not to mention the desire to remove from others that which you have suffered.”

In the old woman I saw many things. But, mostly I was reminded of the joy and awe I fee as I use my abilities to help another. This time it was I who nodded in understanding and I to speak. “But what of you? I am not a leader of masses; I was not born to a position of honor as you were.”

At this question he laughed, his head falling back and a great full sound filling the air. “It is true that the position I was born to was clear for all to see. I was a leader to my people and they knew to whom they could turn. I bore my burden of responsibility publicly. You are not so lucky, Little One. You are to be a leader, but quietly. Waiting as I did for a people to come to you for guidance and in return being guided yourself, the spirits putting those in need with in your path. But I represent more than that in you. I am also hear to guide you, as I was guided. Your spirit is close to the land. The animals and plants whisper to you. Listen to them. For to long you have ignored the call. Time grows short. Move quickly to ready yourself once more. You must go.”

At once I awoke, lying beside my lover; the light entering the room a gentle embrace. Still I was shaken.