Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
The 4 wheel drive would be for winter driving when we move back to Canada.

I probably should have said in my first post that I have been doing research on places like Consumer Reports, Edmunds, Cars.com, Car and Drive and so on. And that what I am looking for was personal opinion which isn't something that those sites can readily give.
If you want personal, specific reports from owners, check out this site: http://www.truedelta.com/

People list their car and then get a reminder every 3 months to update their mileage and any repairs they may have. Every 3 months I report in on my 2000 Pathfinder. All of the data comes directly from people who own the cars. It is a good place for the personal accounts you seem to be looking for.

Last comment is if you don't want a pickup truck, maybe consider a Subaru Forrester or Outback? They have been around forever and everyone loves them...they are like Hondas...owners buy them over and over again. I think it is helpful for there to be at least one 4 wheel drive vehicle in the family (crossover, SUV, or pickup), if you live where there is snowrough terrain.

Good luck. I love car shopping (I never buy, but I love to look)!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote