How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Belle,
Just wanted to slide in under your wings and lift you up. You are a beautiful person, rarely saying anything bad about anyone, so I know it is shocking to you when other say bad things about your people. I'm sorry you are so upset. When we begin to effect change, people get angry; they don't like change, and most of all they don't like to change themselves or change their beliefs. If we were sitting still they would be quiet. There will, of course, be backlash until people settle in to their newer more positive beliefs about queerfolk. The backlash is a sign of the progress.

This one phrase (along with taking positive action, which you did), helps me more than anything else when my anger over injustices gets fired up.

"living well is the best revenge." Live your best life, be happy.

Many hugs to you.
Smooches,
Karen
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: