View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #81
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Originally Posted by Blade View Post
QUESTION 3/11

Would you like to know the precise date of your death?
Why or why not??

I think I'd like to know when I was going to die, and I'm not so big on the how part.

I believe it would be a lot easier to be kinder and more thoughtful if I knew when. I could be more forgiving to people who were unkind and thoughtless. I could be more generous with my time. I could plan ahead and tie up what might be considered loose strings that my family might have to take care of. I could go through things and designate them to the children (knowing there would be no more). I could pay in advance for that cremation and save the kids the trouble. I could write my own obituary! I could print out all of the emails between me and my wife (many of them sappy or silly) and make a little after-I'm-gone book for her. I could work on doing some repairs that I've been putting off. I would keep my desk more tidy and organized. I could sit down and patiently make a video for each kid that will remind them of how I feel about them and how they've changed my life and put them away to be viewed later. So much that could be done. I wouldn't have time to be worried or depressed about anything at all.

I grew up believing I would die at fifty, like the majority of my family does. By majority I mean there are only a couple of us over fifty. When I turned fifty one I was...astonished.

Sure I can do a lot of those things still, and some of them I do, but there's that little procrastinator in me that puts some things off. Still.

Last edited by PoeticSilence; 09-11-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: failure to be clear
PoeticSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoeticSilence For This Useful Post: